“Before you say ‘cut,’ wait five more seconds.” Wim Wenders
Filming Checklist: audio
- Film in a quiet place in order to avoid background noise and interruptions.
- Make sure that you’re not talking too fast and that you’re making pauses after each sentence/section.
- If you can, use an external microphone
Filming Checklist: video
- Film in a bright room.
- Avoid filming outdoors.
- Put the camera between the source of light and the subject.
- Place your subject in the center of the frame, looking directly into the camera, with the eyes on approximately ⅔ of the height of the image.
- Leave a little bit of headroom above the top of the head but not too much.
- Avoid cluttered backgrounds.
- Place your camera at the eye level of the subject.
- Use a tripod, or mount the camera to something stable.
- Do NOT use the zoom of your mobile phone
- Adjust resolution settings of your camera and record in Full HD (1080p)
- Sit 0,6-1m away from the camera
Check out this useful video “Self-Recording Video Tutorial: How to Look and Sound Your Best”